Sunday, March 7, 2010

Update on the leakage.

So I went and saw my ENT on Wednesday (3/3/10) and basically broke down in the exam room and told her how much pain I have been in. She agreed with my neurosurgeon and thinks that I have a CSF leak and even though I brought up maybe getting a CT scan, she told me that a CT scan wouldn't should wear the leak was, but just show that there's a defect (area where my surgery was at) so it would be a waste of time and money. She put me on some stronger pain meds, then put me on bed rest until Tuesday. No bending over, no blowing the nose, no sneezing with my mouth closed and no driving. I supposed to call her on Tuesday and tell her how I'm feeling but honestly, I am going to be calling my neurosurgeon tomorrow. The pain doesn't seem to be getting better and I have been following the doctor's bed rest order. I'm nervous because the next step is a lumbar drainage, which requires another stay in the hospital, and if my neurosurgeon wants to do it, then that means its back to Dr. Phillips Hospital, which is one place I do NOT want to be at all. So if it comes to that, I'm hoping that its something that they can do here. I don't want to do this but I'm at the point now where I honestly don't care anymore, I just want some relief. I'm tired of constantly being on pain meds that wear off and the pain is still there. I can't take this bed rest much longer, so if it helps, then I'll do it. Just pray that this starts getting better, and quickly.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment