Saturday, September 11, 2010

Long time no....blog?

I just realized that I haven't updated this since July! My bad, but I'm sure I have kept everyone updated through my FB/Twitter, but to keep in the spirit of this blog, I shall update.

Since July, nothing much has been going on with my health, though I have been having some issues. Been trying to get my cortisol tests done and turned in, but it seems that every time I turn them in, there is something wrong or something that I was supposed to do but no one gave me instructions. The first time, no one told me I had to label the times and dates on them (they are all midnight tests, I mean, really?) and then they were supposed to be refrigerated if I couldn't turn them in in 24 hours so they gave me the second set of tests and I did them 3 times at random times over 2 weeks. So after that, I turned them in and had no problems checking them in. Then a few days later, I got a call from my endocrinologist's office saying that the lab couldn't accept the samples because they were too old. NO ONE told me they had a shelf life! All they said was, "if you cannot turn them in within 24 hours, put them in the fridge." That's it. Do these people know wtf they are doing? I mean, seriously. So I have to watch for my lab slip and do this again FOR A THIRD TIME. [insert string of profanity here]

Anywho, besides the stupidity of the lab people, I have been cleared to work again! That's right, Liz is back in the work force and back at CFA! I started work last week and worked two days, 4 hours each. Just slowly easing my way back into working without completely overwhelming myself. It's nice to be back out in the public, seeing people and interacting. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I couldn't work anymore. So I'm pretty excited about it :)

On some not so great news: I went to my doctor to talk about my sleeping issues and I got on the topic about the "menopausal" like symptoms I've been having, and I asked him if it's possible that chemo could have pushed me into early menopause. The response? "Oh hell yes!" I guess the type of chemo I had, it's a very common symptom. I mean, I knew that there was a chance that it could happen and I got the speech before I started chemo, but I was 22 at the time, I wasn't fully thinking about infertility or anything like that, I was just trying to survive. So I have to finish my last cycle of birth control, then go two months off it before I can get blood tests to confirm it. So there is still a chance, definitely praying.

And I think that's about it for today, not much like I said, but I will try and update this more often. Until then, see you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment