Saturday, July 24, 2010

Test results.

So got most of my test results back from the endocrinologist in Gainesville. As of right now, there is no evidence of Cushing's, but there is evidence of a tumor somewhere in my endocrine system. More than likely, it's looking to be in the adrenal glands (which are located right above the kidneys) because my ACTH hormone tested extremely low, which is a sign of adrenal gland failure. Also, I was told by my doctor that I need to try and avoid any type of unnecessary stress in my life. Apparently, my blood pressure has been testing higher than normal lately and they are worried about the effects it could have if I do indeed have adrenal failure. It's going to be hard considering I stress out over the dumbest things, but I'm going to do my best. I'm not going to put my health at risk over unnecessary anxiety, so we'll see how that goes.

Other than that little tidbit, life is going okay. Hoping to go back to work and school next month, but I'll know more after I submit my cortisol testings I've been doing. We'll see, we'll see.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment