Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Excuse me? Do you have any button up PJs that aren't in size old?

I came to the realization a few days ago that since my incision is going to be on my head next to my ear, I didn't really want to pull shirts over it constantly (lets try to avoid unnecessary pain here) so I decided to go on the hunt for some button up PJs to wear. I mean, it shouldn't be THAT hard, right?



Oh my goodness.



Lets get something straight: I can't sleep in silk because its too hot, same reason for flannel, so I typically sleep in cotton. And I forgot to realize that I live in Florida, with is retirement heaven. So my first stop was Wal-Mart this morning with my sister in law. Every that was in cotton was either tshirts, flannel button up, silk button up, or moo-moos that remind me of fat, sweaty, old ladies smoking Virginia Slims on their front porch. My body might FEEL like an old ladies some days, but I definitely don't dress like it. But I did manage to get one plaid long tshirt and a PJ set that was semi-buttoned. Then I went to Target, and again, the same thing. Either silk, flannel or old lady moo-moo. Getting frustrated, I went home and took a much needed nap and decided to check the Wal-Mart by my house and I ran into the same ordeal. I FINALLY managed to walk about with 3 long sleeved button up shirts for relatively cheap.

No one ever tells you about the silly things that you have to do before surgery. They should mention that in the post op registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment