Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh hay there!

I keep meaning to write up an update on this thing, but Farmville and other such games get in my way and next thing I know, it's 3am and I just don't have the energy to write. So while I lay here and listen to hipster music and wait for this thunder storm to pass through, I shall update you all on my life. I know, hold your applause until the end.

Since the last update, I started massage therapy on my neck, mostly in the area where the muscle was cut during surgery. When I first was told I was getting massage therapy, I was excited and thought it would be a breeze. I didn't think that relaxing massage and therapy massage are two COMPLETELY different things. I have never been so sore in my whole life, it was ridiculous! The muscle that the surgeon cut during the surgery is the Sternocleidomastoid, which is a pretty major muscle in the head/neck area.



It runs from the top of the head to the collarbone, so because it went through the trauma of surgery, it's protecting everything by tightening up. So what my therapist has to is basically tell the muscle through massage that the trauma is over and it can relax now. He is also doing some trigger point and ultrasound therapy on my scar to get it to heal better. I have seen a VAST improvement on that site but it's still pretty swollen and I wonder if it's going to be like that forever or will it eventually go down. It constantly feels like something is poking out from behind my ear and the past few days, it has been popping like crazy. I need to mention it to my therapist tomorrow.

Also, I finally had my appointment with my endocrinologist last week. As I mentioned before, my neurosurgeon noticed that my pituitary gland didn't look right, so he told me to get it checked. So I went in, explained my symptoms and she checked me over. Then she ordered ALOT of blood tests, I mean, it was 3 pages long. But hopefully I'll get my results tomorrow and see if anything is going on. I've been putting off exercising because I wanted to see what's been going on with this, but I need to get back into the gym and lose this weight, it's driving me crazy. I've also hold off going back to work/school because I don't want to start back up again and then something else happening. I'm hoping this coming week, I'll be getting some answers because quite frankly, I'm tired of sitting at home. I want to get back to some sort of normal, whatever that is.

Other than the usual, that's about it. I know, exciting right? You can applauded now kids.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment